Personal disclaimer: I LOVE strawberries and can put them on just about anything. I use this topping for my Greek yogurt, cakes, cheesecake and even cereal! Delicious 😋
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries (optional—feel free to add more or less)
- 2 oz Torani sugar free strawberry syrup (may add more or less depending on recipe or what you’re using this to top)
- 1 tbsp Granular sweetener (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Place the Torani syrup, strawberries and sweetener in a small pot over medium heat
- When it begins to bubble, reduce to low heat
- Stir in the xanthan gum. Make sure it’s properly mixed. If it clumps, don’t worry. It will dissolve.
- Once it’s thoroughly mixed, remove from heat and allow to cool.
As it cools, the mixture will become thicker. Apply to any of your favorite foods and enjoy ☺️
Note: the calories come strictly from the strawberries so if you’re watching your calories or need to reduce, please keep that in mind. One strawberry is about 2 calories.