Straw Very Berry Milkshake
Here’s one of my favorite protein shakes 😋 it makes at least 40oz of a shake so it fills me up and quenches my fruity sweet tooth. It takes me about 45 minutes to finish PLUS it’s only 150 calories 👀
Optional: 1 cup of frozen strawberries which is about 50 calories.
- 31g Strawberry Protein Powder (you can use whey or casein, I use both when it comes to my milkshakes. However, for this specific recipe I used whey)
- 8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use both Silk and Almond Breeze —honestly, don’t notice any difference between them)
- 2 tbsp Torani sugar free strawberry syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- 2 tbsp granular sweetener (I’ve used both monk fruit with eryithotol and eryith — it’s whichever you prefer)
- 1/4 xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup of ice
- Pinch of salt
Personally, I like to mix all the ingredients up before adding them to the blender to make sure they’re probably mixed plus I taste test before adding to the blender 😁
- Place all ingredients in a blender bottle except for the ice
- Place the lid on the blender bottle and shake for approximately 30 seconds
- Taste to make sure it’s sweet enough for you
- Add the 1/4 cup of ice to the blender
- Pour in your protein shake
- Blend for about 60 seconds, some blenders will automatically shut off when they’re done.
Note: xanthan gum is a thickener. It will help “expand” the shake and make it more voluminous so be careful with the amount you use. This blend should make well over 40 ounces of shake.