Shrimp Fried Cauliflower
I have lost 88lbs, I'm maintaining it and here is one of my favorite meals that helped me!
I love Chinese and Hibachi-style restaurants; however, usually they use a lot of oils and extra fat --- making them more calorie or energy-dense.
Though I still can eat them if I wanted, I wouldn't be able to eat the AMOUNT I wanted to eat and still lose weight so I decided to cook something up in the kitchen.
I'm a person who eats with her eyes and her eyes LOVES to see a full plate.
It's simple and delicious that's both low in calories and high in protein so it will help keep you full and satiated!
- 201 calories
- 11 carbs (7 net carbs)
- 33 g protein
150g riced cauliflower
6oz of shrimp
46g liquid egg
1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
Nonstick spray (preferably 0 calories)
3 oz of water on standby
Seasonings to taste:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Optional: frozen peas, carrots or vegetable assortment.
First, pull out two skillets.
I like to cook my shrimp separately to make sure they are fully cooked. It usually takes the caulifower rice longer to cook so I cook that first.
- Thaw, peel and clean shrimp if needed
- Heat skillet 1 to medium heat
- Spray skillet 1 with non-stick cooking spray
- Add riced cauliflower to skillet 1
- Season riced cauliflower with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Make sure you thoroughly mix the seasoning in the cauliflower
- Let it cook for about 3-5 minutes (or until it's soft)
- Add in about 1-2 oz of water (water makes it softer ---- feel free to add more if you want it softer)
- Add in the soy sauce and and sesame oil
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat and allow it to continue to cook until all water has been absorbed (about 7-9 minutes)
- Heat Skillet 2 to medium heat and toss in the shrimp
- When shrimp are halfway done, add in liquid add
- You can lightly season this with a little garlic powder and pepper (careful with salt as we already used salt with the riced cauliflower and the soy sauce)
- By this time, the riced cauliflower should be about done
- Add the shrimp and egg to the riced cauliflower
- Stir and let it cook for about another 1-2 minutes
Personally, I add a little sweet and sour sauce once it's finished.
Are you on your journey to better health and want to eat good WHILE losing weight?
Make sure you join us in the Glow Up Society to learn how to eat to lose weight without any strict diets so you can lose weight AND keep it off!
Copyright 2022. Glow Up Society LLC. All rights reserved.