Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Waffles
- 38g instant maple brown sugar oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp sweetener
- 35g frozen bananas (fresh bananas work—make sure they are ripe for additional sweetness)
- 2 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar replacement (sweetener)
* With the sweeteners, you can use more or less depending on how sweet you like it
If you like it really sweet:
- 1/2 tsp of granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp brown sugar replacement
Think of the sweet McGriddle.
- Blend the packet of oatmeal in a blender on high until it forms a flour.
- Put the oat flour in another bowl so it’s easier to handle.
- Add 1/4 tsp baking powder to oat flour and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave bananas for about 30 seconds so they’re easier to mash and blend in oat flour. If you are using additional sweeteners, add them to the bananas prior to heating up.
- Mix bananas with oat flour mixture.
- Stir in unsweetened almond milk.
- Allow batter to sit for about 10 minutes. While it’s sitting, turn on the waffle maker and allow it to heat up.
- Spray both the top and bottom cooking lids with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the bottom. Cover the entire plate and close lid.
- When they're done, I spray with a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
With this level of thickness, they are fully cooked at 6 minutes but you can leave in longer if you prefer a firmer/crispier waffle.
This is 5" mini-waffle maker so using the measurements above will yield 3 waffles 🙂