If you have some oatmeal in the house and either you're getting tired of it or thinking about throwing it away, stop right there!
Here's a recipe you definitely need to try!
A while ago, my husband made the decision that he wanted to get healthier so he signed up for a popular meal service. They sent him a ton of oatmeal.
He doesn't like oatmeal.
I don't like to waste food.
Check out the recipe below!
Note: we've now used all the oatmeal from the meal service but I have picked up some more oatmeal from the grocery store so I can continue to make these delicious oatmeal waffles!
Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Waffles
- 38g instant maple brown sugar oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp sweetener
I have revamped the recipe and prefer to use 1/2 tsp baking powder instead of 1/4. I have included a pic using both 1/2 and 1/4. The 1/2 tsp produces more fluffy waffles but it’s your personal preference.
- 35g frozen bananas (fresh bananas work—make sure they are ripe for additional sweetness)
- 2 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar replacement (sweetener)
* With the sweeteners, you can use more or less depending on how sweet you like it
If you like it really sweet:
- 1/2 tsp of granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp brown sugar replacement
Think of the sweet McGriddle.
- Blend the packet of oatmeal in a blender on high until it forms a flour.
- Put the oat flour in another bowl so it’s easier to handle.
- Add 1/2 tsp baking powder to oat flour and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave bananas for about 30 seconds so they’re easier to mash and blend in oat flour. If you are using additional sweeteners, add them to the bananas prior to heating up.
- Mix bananas with oat flour mixture.
- Stir in unsweetened almond milk.
- Allow batter to sit for about 10 minutes. While it’s sitting, turn on the waffle maker and allow it to heat up.
- Spray both the top and bottom cooking lids with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the bottom. Cover the entire plate and close lid.
- When they're done, I spray with a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
With this level of thickness, they are fully cooked at 6 minutes but you can leave in longer if you prefer a firmer/crispier waffle.
This is 5" mini-waffle maker so using the measurements above will yield 3 waffles 🙂
If you use 1/4 tsp of baking powder…
If you use 1/2 tsp of baking powder…
Looking to reach your health goals and still enjoy the food you eat?
Join us on Facebook where we share health, mindset , nutrition, lifestyle hacks and food ideas to help you reach your health goals!
Copyright 2021 - 2012. Socially Accepted dba Glow Up Society. All rights reserved.