What I Eat in a Day:
Being healthy and losing weight has more to do with what you put IN your body (food) vs what you do to your body (exercise).
It doesn't matter if you spend 3 hours in the gym if you come home and eat three large pizzas, fried wings, large side of fries and a drink a gallon of beer.
Simple math/science: if you want to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume.
Back in 2007 (before I went through my depression stage), I'd lost 66lbs on Medifast. So this time around when I was looking to get slim and trim, I decided to hop back on!
Hey, it works!!! I love the simplicity of it and how I don't have to "think" too much, prep or really count calories!
I'm a busy woman!!!
I literally pick out my 5 "fuelings" or meal replacements for the day and cook my lean and green meal!
- I eat 6 times per day
- Five meals are high-protein, lower carb supplements provided by the company
- One meal is called lean and green (protein and green veggies) -- you can cook this at home or purchase
- I eat every 2-3 hours which boosts metabolism and also stabilizes blood sugar
- Carbs range from 80-100g per day
- Drink at least a gallon of water per day (not required but it's what I do)
What kind of meal replacements do they have? They offer foods such as:
- Protein bars
- Crunchy items like "poppers", pretzels, etc
- Hot foods: mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, soup, etc
- Protein shakes
- Snacks: brownies, cookies, etc
A sample day for me would be:
- 7-8 am: workout
- 8 am: Cookie Dough Chewy Bar
- 10:15 am: Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Cereal
- 12:45 pm: lean and green like pic shown above
- 3:00 pm: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewey Bar
- 5:15 pm: Cheese Pizza Bites
- 7:30 pm: S'mores Bar (heat this in the microwave for 10 seconds and the chocolate melts --- so good)
Since I've started back and also along with my affirmations, I've lost my cravings for candy, unhealthy foods and have even stopped drinking liquor. For some that may seem bad, but my drinking was linked to my depression so overall, I just feel better.
I feel mentally stronger like there isn't anything I can't do. I am more confident. I feel more productive. I'm more flexible. My energy is higher and I just feel like me again.
If you're looking for meal supplements, I highly recommend!
Copyright 2021. Natalie Butler. All rights reserved.