Listen up, my family is from the south so spaghetti is a side-dish, not main entrée 💁🏽♀️
Now that we got that out of the way, I LOVE some fish and spaghetti.
A lot of people think they have to give up all the foods they enjoy to lose weight and I want to show you how you can still eat your delicious meals WHILE losing weight.
This is a guilt-free plate filled with love.
Lower Calorie Dinner Idea: Fish, Spaghetti and Spinach
What keeps this meal lower in calories?
- We're not frying anything so you don't have the extra calories from the flour/breading/crumbs or the extra oil
- We're not using any oil but instead we're using non-stick cooking spray to spray down the services
- We are using lean protein
- We're portioning the higher calorie item (spaghetti pasta)
How many calories is the total meal?
For me, it is about 400 calories.
However, I understand you may not be able to get the same products that I used.
For example, I got some tilapia from Target and they were 110 calories each instead of the pieces that are 90 calories at Wal-mart.
My spaghetti sauce is 50 calories. You may use a sauce that is either slightly higher or lower in calories.
With that being said, if you keep the portions of the items I list the same, you should still be able to create a good, tasty meal with less than 500 calories 😊
For the tilapia, I used 2 pieces of tilapia filets from Wal-mart.
They are 90 calories each.
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees
- Spray it with non-stick cooking spray
- Place tilapia in pan and let it cook for 15-17 minutes (personally, I let it sit after it's done cooking so it cooks a little longer --- just my preference)
- 4 oz 96/4 extra lean ground beef
- 125g spaghetti sauce (no sugar added)
- 56g spaghetti pasta*
- 2 cups of spinach (baby spinach)
* NOTE: for the pasta, regardless of which type of pasta you use, they are pretty close in calories. For 2oz (56g), it will be roughly 180-220 calories. Traditional white pasta is 200 calories. If you are looking for more complex carbs, I recommend Barilla's Whole Grain Spaghetti which is 180 calories.
SPLIT THE SPAGHETTI IN HALF SO EACH PORTION IS ONLY AROUND 200 CALORIES!
This is 400 calories worth of spaghetti, split it in half and save the rest for later!
Looking to reach your health goals and still enjoy the food you eat?
Join us on Facebook where we share health, mindset , nutrition, lifestyle hacks and food ideas to help you reach your health goals!
Copyright 2021 - 2012. Socially Accepted dba Glow Up Society. All rights reserved.